The T.C. Coley Community Center is located at 516 S. Leslie Street, Goldsboro, NC 27530. This facility features over 13,000 square feet of recreation space, including a gymnasium that is currently home to Ashford’s Boxing Club, kitchen, multipurpose spaces for rentals or classrooms, two offices, a lobby, and a playground.
The center was constructed in 1938 and named the Leslie Street Community Center. In 1974, the building was renovated and the name changed to the W. A. Foster Recreation Center to honor Walter A. Foster, retired principal of East End School and prominent community member. In 2016, the City of Goldsboro opened a brand new W.A. Foster Center, in a new location at 1012 S. John Street. Between 2016 – 2018, the building was vacant as plans for its future were decided. In 2018, the City of Goldsboro invested $200,000 in renovations of the Center, and the building was given a new name “T.C. Coley Community Center,” in honor of beloved former recreation leader of the Center, James “T.C.” Coley.